Anticipated driving tips

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpeet79

In the manual it says when driving in eco pro or eco pro plus the car gives you tips when you should decellerate when nearing a roundabout or traffic lights or certain other traffic signs. But my i3 does not do this. It only shows the speed limit in the display and nothing else? When i drove in an i8 i noticed that this car showed more information than only the speed limit, hence it has a bigger display. Anyone who knows more about this, it is mentioned in the manual? I live in the netherlands.

hpeet79 said:
In the manual it says when driving in eco pro or eco pro plus the car gives you tips when you should decellerate when nearing a roundabout or traffic lights or certain other traffic signs. But my i3 does not do this. It only shows the speed limit in the display and nothing else? When i drove in an i8 i noticed that this car showed more information than only the speed limit, hence it has a bigger display. Anyone who knows more about this, it is mentioned in the manual? I live in the netherlands.

Hi... This information is on the display in the UK. .. i note that the manual says not available in all countries though. Hmmm... but to be honest it doesn't really help that much. It more clutters the display than anything.

Thanks for your reply Neil. Yes I noticed in the manual that it is not available in all countries, but i noticed the difference when I drove an i8 in the netherlands and it had this information in the display. I'm just wondering how it looks like in the i3... because the display is quite full already :) So I understand your reply that it clutters the display... I'll check my dealer maybe he knows why it is not shown in my dutch i3. :)

Now annoying, a car that tells you how to drive? As if yay ever beeping Outlander PHEV wasn't annoying enough!

My i3 gets delivered this afternoon, first thing I'll be doing is looking how to turn that particular feature off.

I think you can turn this on and off by going to vehicle settings/eDrive/Eco Pro Driving Tips in iDrive. If I recall, there is a selection there where you indicate whether you want the tips displayed or not.

Back