Starting in EcoPro Mode

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffj

A user is reporting over on the Facebook group that he's found out the magic settings to get the car to start in EcoPro mode. Copying here. Thanks should be directed to Brian Lewis on the Facebook group:

CODING for ECO PRO default driving mode! Figured it out!
After fiddling with all the coding I really wanted my i3 to start up in ECO PRO mode. Everywhere I searched on bimmerfest, FB user group, and Google came up with no actual instructions on how to Code for this. CodeMyCar didn't list it either. After about 30 minutes of looking around in Esys I was able to find it and make it work!!
BDC_BODY / CAFD EDIT FDL /
3221 PfFesMaster
FesInitMode
Ausgelesen
Werte=??
03 = Comfort
07 = Eco Pro
08 = Eco Pro +
Rightclick Werte, select edit, change value at bottom, click on Apply Icon at far right
Go back and Code FDL
You'll now see that ECO PRO light is on when you start the car

Nice to know that it can be done....but why?
When its set on eco plus it feels very soft, no power. I think the guess-o-meter only esitamte about 5 km more on range.

barrychan said:
Nice to know that it can be done....but why?
When its set on eco plus it feels very soft, no power. I think the guess-o-meter only esitamte about 5 km more on range.

Like many people on here I originally wanted to start in eco pro plus but with experience have found that as I mostly drive with AC off eco pro makes little or no difference to my range. More importantly, when I recently set the car to eco pro plus (that I now use extremely rarely) I thought there was something wrong with the car when i tried to pull away from the first junction. Its a busy road and suddenly found I had ‘no power’ and had to stop and wait for another gap!

When in EcoPro+ mode, to get 'decent' power, you have to literally floor the pedal. The two Eco modes progressively dull the response of the pedal and limit maximum power...but, that can be overridden if you floor it. Not very convenient, but is the price you pay for the nannies watching what a semi-skilled person can do for themselves.

Back