Podcasts

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappymcgee

I'm a fairly heavy podcast listener (check out Hardcore History if you're a history geek or just like a good story), but can't seem to readily access podcasts on my phone via iDrive.

I have an iPhone 6S with iOS 10.x which has the Connected Drive app installed. When I plug in via USB I can see my phone through the "Media" option, but can't find an obvious way to browse the podcasts on my phone.

Using google I've found all manner of strange suggestions, and a few mentions that this is an apple-created problem, yet in the most rudimentary of rental cars I've driven (and my work has allowed me the "privilege" of driving nearly every marque's compact crapbox) there's almost always a "Podcast" category once the phone is connected via USB or Bluetooth that has all my podcasts grouped and organized.

Am I missing something basic? Yes, I know I can access via the phone but I thought the point of iDrive was to avoid mashing phone buttons.

Problem solved. I swear I looked for Podcasts a half-dozen times, but this morning lo and behold there was an "Other libraries" option with podcasts as a choice. My casts were nicely organized and all was well.

I'd like to blame apple or BMW but suspect it was a defect in the fleshy lump attached to the drivers seat!

Do you ever have a problem with the podcast not updating in the BMW idrive multimedia listing? my holds onto podcasts which i have long ago deleted---and if i click these old podcasts in the idrive system there is nothing there and is goes to the next actual podcast that exists---so my listing of podcast on the idrive system looks like ~30 but in reality I am listening to 3 and all my itunes accounts reflect that.

Yes, I'm having a similar problem (below comments relate to an iOS device connected to the i3 via Bluetooth).

I've had a bit of luck by connecting my iOS device to iTunes on my Mac, then deleting the device's podcast folders via the Mac.

Oddly, if the device's podcast folder contains no episodes, it's not possible to delete the folder from the Mac. I think these empty folders are the source of the zombie iDrive podcasts.

Another problem I'm having is that the list of podcasts shown on the iDrive display is one line out of sync with where the actual podcasts are found.

Example: consider the following three podcasts on the display:

Hamtowne
ShoeWorld
Travel Tyme

If I want to listen to ShoeWorld podcasts I have to select the Hamtowne folder on iDrive.

Frustrating.

Back