Protecting the vertical Upholstered surfaces?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVBob

Greetings All,

I just acquired a 2015 Rex :-D. This will haul two toddler aged kids around for hopefully a long time. I am in the process of ordering "leatherette" (wish they had leather) seat covers from Seatcoversunlimited and ordering weathertech floor mats to help alleviate the guaranteed stains that will come...

However I noticed there are quite a few upholstered areas that will not be protected by these covers and mats - namely in the rear seating area, there are upholstered vertical surfaces behind the doors, as well as upholstered areas on the doors themselves...Any ideas on how to protect these areas?

Thanks in advance!,

Bob

Try using 3M Scotch Gard Fabric Protector or similar product. I have been using it on cloth seats of various cars for over 30 years. It appears to help. Dollar stores sell it cheaply. Otherwise I often find it at garage sales for cheap. And if you don't already have a Bissell or Hoover carpet cleaner with upholstery attachments get one. They are amazing at turning old dirty fabric into like new fabric.

Back