Why should I get Professional Multi Media Package

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich2508

Looking to spec my i3 and this site has been invaluable in helping me decide that the car is right for me. One question I have is the Multi- Media package with Professional Sat Nav - why should I spend the best part of £1000?.

I use sat Nav rarely but I do like the look of the bigger screen. what is the On-line entertainment as part of the package, I don't have music on my phone and as the car doesn't have a CD player would this allow me to download music directly?

Any other useful features of this pack? Helping resale value is irrelevant as it will be a company car which I will keep for four years.

So far my spec is
Protonic Blue with Atelier interior
standard Silver wheels
comfort Access

Possibly the Park Assist package, but as I only really want it for the rear view camera it seems a bit pricey

Glad to receive your opinions.

If we bought/leased our i3 new - I would opt for the tech package (its your Multi Media package, but with the active cruise control ability - costs $2,500 USD ) - instead we got a pretty plain jane Mega City version...

Anyway - yes, I would go for it (and if possible, upgrade to the tech package) - the larger screen really is much better, you can do split screen and supposedly you can connect your android or ios phone to it. If it can do screen syncing - that would be great as inputting addresses and identifying traffic issues with google maps is much better than the built in nav.

I eventually found a large screen to install in my i3 - but loathe the day I need to take it in for service, since I'll need to switch the screen back and recode the car back to the small screen in the event they do a software update/refresh - because if I didnt then the screen wont work and may freak them out causing outrage that I changed the screen/coded the car voiding my warranty, yadda yadda....

Wow! You changed the screen on it? How did you do that?

I got basic nav and really regret it. Wish I got the bigger screen since it has better resolution and split screen.

grinny11 said:
Wow! You changed the screen on it? How did you do that?

I got basic nav and really regret it. Wish I got the bigger screen since it has better resolution and split screen.

Initially I was considering switching the entire entertainment system - then realized way too many factors involved...switching the screen was waay less risky and easier -- you can find the discussion thread here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10128689

When I have some more time, I'll write up a guide. Besides finding the right screen at a reasonable price, the second biggest pain was figuring how to remove the two large round plastic moldings that covers the screws from the top of the screen..

Back