Speedometer?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianBigBen

I already posted this in tech forum but got no reply, hence the repost.

Hello!

I purchased a used REX from states and I'm lost on how to change the speedometer to kilometres. I have tried the 'units' under settings but it only effects the display of range and not the speedometer. Right now it shows speed in miles in big, bold font and kilometres in small numbers underneath.
I also took the car to BMW dealer in Vancouver - Brian Jessel BMW - but they were unable to help. The guy said something about the car having US software and it will most likely have problems if updated to Canadian version.
It think he just didn't know and made up and excuse but like to verify with experts here.

Thanks

Not sure what's up with that. You could try calling bmw Canada. We're you able to register your name to the car with bmw Canada too? Also try calling The BMW Store and asking for their 'genius'. Westwood Honda has imported a few lately, might be worth a shot too. Did you get it from Paramount in WA? I was looking for over a year and finally imported from Ontario a couple months ago.

We have a 2015 Canadian i3 REx. When we used to cross the border into the US we flipped between metric and imperial measure. Manual is kind of useless so here are our instructions: turn car on, go to main menu, settings, language/units, distance, select mi or km. This changes everything except electrical consumption which needs to be changed separately. Each key profile is stored separately so you may need to this twice.

This has helped however when I drive, the large speedometer is in mph, however under is a much smaller speedometer in kph.

How do I change it to display kph in the larger format?

Btw my i3 was purchased from the States.

Many thanks

W

Back