Coquihalla , Hope to Merritt and vice versa

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanisLupus

My 2016 i3 , 60 Ah (all options including Rex) started in Hope (elevation 41m)with a very full charge (all bars lit but no green at charge port yet) . At the Coquihalla Summit (elev. 1244m) 47km away , the display showed 46% SOC . At the top of Larson Hill 26.5% , at the bottom 28.5% at which point I exited the highway and chose the less elevating Coldwater Road . I arrived at my destination in Merritt (elev. 605m) 115 km away with 12% .
After my stay , I left Merritt with 98% and again chose the less elevating Coldwater Road . I arrived at the Summit with 32% SOC and then at Hope with 22% .

Some of the factors include the following

The wind varies in strength and seems to always be behind you from Hope to Merritt and against you travelling from Merritt to Hope .
In this instance , I had golf clubs and pushcart , luggage for 5 days , about 30 more pounds of cargo .
In both directions , I started out with minimum accessory usage and switched between ECO PRO and ECO PRO + modes .
Hope to Merritt I also used conservative speeds , not so much in the other direction .

Let me know what you think

Back