In 2014 was comfort access an option on mega world?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCJ

This is a question for the USA folks.

I found a MY14 i3 with all the options I want except it's a mega world interior. My question is, was it possible to get comfort access on mega world?

alohart said:
It was standard with only Giga and Tera Worlds but not an option with Mega World.
I see, so under no circumstances would Mega world ever be able to attain comfort access. Dualy noted. Thank you sir.

My 2014 REX is exactly that - a Mega with all options (minus the 20" wheels), but being a Mega it has no comfort access and Homelink garage door opener. You might be able to retrofit but might be hard and expensive if possible.

Saying "no circumstances" might be too conclusive. Highly unlikely is a better choice. I've worked with a seasoned client advisor who claimed that someone who really understands the BMW ordering system can spec a vehicle with any combination of options, independent of packages. Most dealership employees don't or don't bother so they stick to the sanctioned configurations. Thus explaining how Drive Now had a fleet of US-spec i3s with dark cloth interiors a couple of model years before BMW NA officially offered Deka world. So Art is correct. Comfort Access was not included in the 2014 Mega package but in theory there could be a one-off car with it out there somewhere. Highly unlikely though.

FWIW, BMW has (or had) different options available when a car was ordered specifically for a customer that were NOT available for a car ordered by the dealer for stock. I know that when I bought my GT, I was able to get certain things that normally were only available in packages. That was awhile ago, but it's my understanding that that continues. It won't help if you want one now, since it must be built instead of for 'stock', for a specific customer; therefore, you would be unlikely to find one sitting on a dealer's lot that didn't conform to the 'normal' package selections.

Back