Blind spot warning system?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfdureiko

Making an offer in on a 2015 mega world, with the tech package and driver assistance package. I can't see any reference to blind spot warning system for lane changes.... can anyone confirm it's on the car with these options? Also FYI Live in central Florida about 50 miles due west of Orlando. I've been told 60 to 80 miles electric range probably comfort mode in the summer, echo pro and Eco pro plus driving in the winter? What can I reasonably expect? Thanks

The i3 did not have blind spot detection logic as an option.

My car today when I got into it said 90miles. FL usually doesn't get really cold. I would think 60-miles would be about the lowest you'd see in the winter near Orlando, but a lot of that depends on how you drive...be a real hot foot, and the range goes down.

Visibility from within an i3 is very good. With the exterior mirrors adjusted properly, there are no blind spots, so blind spot detection isn't needed.

You can replace both outside mirrors with European BMW aspherical mirrors that has a divider line for the "blind spot" section. I did that on mine, and at the same time, upgraded them with auto-dimming function (my i3 came prewired for them). You can find them from European eBay sellers.

Here's the eBay listing I ordered from.

https://vod.ebay.com/vod/FetchOrderDetails?itemid=192547647859&transid=1690171426009&ul_noapp=true

Back