rex coding

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rilson

Is it possible to buy coding which will allow user to turn the Rex on at owner's discretion? Start a road trip with full charge,and Rex on?Pluses and minuses?

there are also videos on YouTube..........I'm interested in having the "hold" mode, as well as the full 2.4 gallons of gas available......I know BMW did this for some sort of California certification, but WHY could they just have done it JUST for CA cars.......for many years some cars were CA specific regarding emmissions etc......
that being said, I'd like to find someone if FL do do it for me. I'll drive just about anywhere in the state, make a trip out of it.....:)
Thanks
Dan

Just buy BimmerCode app on iOS or Android & a OBD WiFi interface.

I did my today and it took 5 mins.

rilson said:
Is it possible to buy coding which will allow user to turn the Rex on at owner's discretion? Start a road trip with full charge,and Rex on?Pluses and minuses?

Actually you can't set hold mode until you are less then 75% of the battery capacity. So you can set it then and then just keep adding gas and always have plenty of battery.

Back