USA car in Canada

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klu

Hi,

I just purchased a used 2015 i3, which was originally a USA car. I live in Canada and will be driving the car in Canada so I have a couple questions.

- How will this affect the 'membership' or subscription of the connecteddrive services and BMW assist or any other services that originally came with the car?

- I want to register for a BMW account online, to get access to the i remote app. Which country (bmw.ca or bmwusa.com) should I register in?

- Does anyone with experience know what kind of (hopefully free?) services I can still expect to get from my local BMW dealer here in Canada for my US car?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi,
Did you take your i3 to the dealer to complete the Recall Clearance letter and submit it to BMW Canada? Once that is done, you can register for ConnectedDrive. I’m waiting for the this to happen myself now.

Be aware that there is a $500 fee plus tax for getting the recall clearance letter from BMW Canada. I paid my fee on February 9, 2018 (three weeks ago) and I am still waiting for my Connected Drive to be hooked up.
cheers
Doug
2014 BMW i3 Rex

Back