Bimmercode app, asking for your help !

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbellezza

Hello everybody, i just bought a 2014 I3 REx and this is my first post.
I have been lurking thru the forum for a while about coding and enabling the REX state of charge. After some thoughts i decided to go a head and to purchase the VGate Wireless OBD2 adapter, downloaded the bimmer code app and paid to enable coding. Did my homework, red all about the procedures for coding and i really thought i was ready to go.
So, I plugged the wireless OBD2 device, turned the car on, put the phone in airplane mode to avoid receiving a text or a call during the procedure, enabled wireless, connected to the Adapter and finally launched the Bimmercode app.
Good communication with the adapter, loaded all of the ECU options, i opened "Head Unit" then "Range Extender Menu" then checked "Active" and ready to go. After clicking the Code tab, the App started coding in %. The Media screen went blank as it should have but then .... BIG surprise ! I got a scary message "Error Coding" and the media screen didn't re-boot and stayed blank. I waited 5 min and nothing happened, turned off the car, locked and waited a while. Unlocked, tried again with no luck. My conclusion was that the error somehow corrupted the booting file or software of the media screen and to call the dealer to schedule an appointment to fix the car. Obviously i was furious with myself for been so stupid of not doing the right things during the procedure and caused a permanent damage to the device. I woke up the day after still thinking about it , went to the car, turned it on and .... surprise again ! It came up as nothing happened. As you can only imagine .... what a relieve !
The REX SOC didn't enable and i should try again but now i am really scared. Can anyone please chime in ? What did i do wrong and what did i miss ?
Please help !!!!
Roberto.

I encountered the same "Error Coding" message on my 1st attempt to code the folding of the side mirrors to work with the remote. I emailed the app's dev and the advice he gave me was to turn off everything that can be switched off prior to coding.

So you still turn on the i3 - that's a given. But after that, you turn off everything else - aircon, lights (switch to OFF if set on AUTO), radio, etc. Then proceed with using the app. It worked fine after that. No more Error Coding message.

You guys have to match time on hand to play with that car and try to be smarter than BMW ingeniers .Be happy a “go cart “ is perform without a problems and leave alone Happy 67 old owner of I3 BEV free charging solar owner winter tire set from tire rack all of them 5” no headaches to rotate them what enybody else have with stupid BMW approach to put them on rear 5. 1/2”

cdnji said:
I encountered the same "Error Coding" message on my 1st attempt to code the folding of the side mirrors to work with the remote. I emailed the app's dev and the advice he gave me was to turn off everything that can be switched off prior to coding.

So you still turn on the i3 - that's a given. But after that, you turn off everything else - aircon, lights (switch to OFF if set on AUTO), radio, etc. Then proceed with using the app. It worked fine after that. No more Error Coding message.

Thank you for your answer. I got a message from Bimmercode support similar to yours as well ...

Back