Harman Karden audio

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfdureiko

purchased a used i3 REX, loaded, 39,000miles almost two months ago. I have no idea what the base audio system sounds like, but I'm not impressed with the Harman Kardan......unless I have it adjusted wrong somehow. sounds no better than the regular GM system in my '15 Volt, or for that matter my '01 Beetle TDi ! far as I can tell there is no equalizer, just treble and bass....
a sidenote, going on one week in the shop under warrenty, 2nd tow, car dies REX does not start. Live rural so about 40+ miles to the dealer.

dfdureiko said:
a sidenote, going on one week in the shop under warrenty, 2nd tow, car dies REX does not start.
Could be a problem that others have experienced. The battery management system thinks the battery pack's charge level is higher than it really is, above 6.5%, so the REx engine does not start. When the battery pack's or one of its cell's voltage starts dropping fast indicating a very low charge level, the battery management system prevents any further discharging of the pack to protect it, but this prevents the car from being driven. Apparently a recalibration process can be performed, but not by the dealer. The dealer must connect with BMW Germany so that they can perform this recalibration (an IRAP session??).

If your dealer cannot figure out the problem, maybe suggest this possibility.

Back