Window regulator issues

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ortho888

Has anyone had any regulator problems with their i3's because of the slight up and down movements of the windows every time you open and close your front doors?

Many BMWs have been using this system for a long time...it takes some of the stress off of the glass on the frameless windows when closing up against the weatherstripping. My 2011 GT has it, and so far, no issues. To get a good seal, there must be a fair amount of pressure of the glass against the weatherstripping, and lowering it slightly means after it is closed, the force is vertical verses horizontal, and less stressful, when it goes back up.

I’m not sure about BMW window regulator issues but my 2007 Porsche 911 with over 106,000 miles does the same thing (opens slightly with opening and closing) and has not had any issues. Conversely I also have a Subaru Forester which also has frameless windows and has had two window regulators go out.

Back