Driving BMWI3 ReX with GASOLINE Continer in FRUNK”

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesterbmwi3

Can sambody with reasonable knowledge to explaine to all those IDIOTS what are they doing for safety to themselves or to ALL the people on the road when they carry container with GASOLINE in their REX “FRUNK” what could happen if they are in frontall accident??? Maybe the buy different car if they have to go 300-500 miles for a trip bc is no saving if you put YOUR LIvE on line !!! Can’t explain correctly to those people bc lack of my Correct English . I know is sambody there to pickup this issue .Thank you.Happy owner of I3 BEV no gas .

On my first "long" (160 mi) drive I kept a well-sealed 5-gallon tank behind the passenger seat (on top of the batteries, i'm pretty dumb :p)

I learned pretty quickly though that there *really* isn't a need to carry gas as long as you have the correct 2.4gal tank size and the 75% hold re-enabled.

I think some of the people who carry tanks don't trust the REx yet. After some experience I pretty much dropped the idea since a can really isn't needed unless you're traveling somewhere that is > 80mi between gas stations. (then like you said, the REx really isn't the correct car to be used for such desolated cross-country trips)

Back