Little Squeak and the Remedy

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faraday

Took over a lease with 1 year remaining on a 2016 REX Giga. Pretty much noticed right away that there was an occasional squeak coming from the rear somewhere. I had the wife drive the car while I tried to track it down. Ultimately I decided it was likely a rear suspension spring perch bearing or something along those lines. Had to take it into the dealer for PA inspection a few weeks ago and mentioned the issue. The result that came back was that the rear driver side suspension spring had "some paint rubbed off". The replacement part would have to be ordered from Germany. Fast forward to my visit this past week when the part had arrived. At arriving at the dealership, I questioned the service advisor as to whether at least the rear would be aligned after this part was replaced. He said no, that the coil spring diameter was the only thing that was different in the replacement part (not the height in any way). I responded that regardless of the diameter, you are replacing a 2 year old spring with a new spring and that the alignment should be checked. I also had an ulterior motive as I noticed that the rear tires were much more worn on the inner edges than outer. I got a response of " do you want to pay for an alignment?" @ 189.00. I said no and was not really happy with the response. Now I have the car back (after 2 days in a loaner) and I'm noticing some "wandering" on the highway at speed. I compare it to the feeling in the I3 when the wind is blowing and bursty in nature. In this case though, there is no wind affecting the car. I have tested on multiple days on my normal commute down the highway. It simply does not feel like it did before (which was much better). I think that it's likely that the caster is wrong on the car now, maybe even on the one side where the spring was replaced. I'm not happy and i'm wondering whether I should call up the dealership and complain about this situation. Anyone have a thought on this? Am I being too picky?

Back