Test drove the i3S ! Wow

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westoni3

Blown away, a lot of fun!
If you do a lot of highway driving it is a must.
It's handling is fantastic and is much more stable.
I've seen a lot of reviews stating that the ride is too stiff.
I do not agree, maybe because i already have the 20" wheels on my current i3.
And of course it looks great.
Waiting to test drive the Model 3 but i doubt it will be this entertaining.

Good to hear it's noticeably better. I have yet to drive one myself, but then I just leased a 2017 for a steal so I'm not too keen on finding out what I'm missing. :D

If I did a lot of highway driving I would be VERY tempted by the Autopilot in the Model 3. I love that both cars are RWD though.

Sounds great I have never driven an i3 but I am looking into trying to get one as my next company car next March and the i3S is the one I fancy as I believe it has slightly wider wheels, I just hope that later in the year they bring out an even bigger battery :)

Wider wheels may be one of the contributors to the i3s's lower efficiency. And, given that it won't be a huge seller, replacing those tires is likely to be more expensive, but you might find some alternatives. The tires on the i3 were designed specifically to help in the overall efficiency of the vehicle, so alternatives may detract from the efficiency for that potential increase in grip.

Back