New owner Leased 2017 Rex

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrightbenz

Recently acquired a 2017 i3 Rex leased.
Already wish I would have just purchased a used model with the bargains that are out there but I will drive this one and see what happens.
Great car and my first ev. After driving it for a week everything else feels like a relic from the past and I own a Mercedes SL55 AMG which is an amazing car.
I have owned a lot of cars and I think if most people had the chance to drive the i3 for a few days they would quickly realize the future is an ev. So east to drive and fun. Very quick driving is so much more precise but still engaging.
Quite a nice job by BMW on this. This car could be so much more successful but I don’t even feel like BMW is even really invested in making it a full blown success at this point. They are running. A experiment here and that makes sense from a business standpoint. Let’s face it they are doing quite well selling the cars they build at the moment. When the time comes they will be ready to compete. I already know I will always own an ev from this point on.

I bought a 2016 Rex a month ago, and I couldn't agree more. This is my 36th car (the 5th BMW, btw), and the I3 is so good at doing what it was designed to do, I can't believe I waited so long. So much more efficient, extremely comfortable, handles pretty well, very quick, turns sharp, one-pedal driving- so far I'm a true believer.

PS My last BMW was a 2015 328i, which was a sweet car, and seemed glued to the road. I don't get that feeling with the I3, wonder how much of that feeling has to do with how low you sit in a 328....?

Back