Bimmercode - Disables the Low cost charging option

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVMan

I use the app , and it disabled the Low cost charging option.
If anyone is is using the low cost charging option, please take care , and please double check.

I think , it was increasing the gas tank capacity module change , which triggered this issue.
I understand most people don't use this Low cost charging option, hence the low awareness.

Actually , i had trouble with Low cost charging option before too ( before using the Bimmercode app)
The dealer fixed it some how , after many trial and error. It took them 3 days, but he said , he was not sure what exactly he did to fix it.

I used it past 6 months.

After using the app , it stopped working again.
The dealer will be mad at me . and will blame me now.
Any advise , how to go about this now ?

Use the restore function and see if actually restores it.

When a new build is installed in the car at the dealership, the modules can change, meaning the app or data files must also change so everything lines up.

Resolved
The time was set to auto set
Only the center screen got the correct time after that
The driver screen was not time synchronized , so it was failing
had to manually correct the time

is this backup the very first original car configuration or the previous last configuration.?

EVMan said:
Resolved
Are you saying that there are 2 separate clocks, both of which can be set independently? Or did the coding change to set the time automatically require you to manually set the time in order for the time to be synchronized throughout all modules? Since making this coding change, I've never set the time manually and haven't noticed any problem, but I don't use low-cost charging.

EVMan said:
is this backup the very first original car configuration or the previous last configuration.?
The BimmerCode developer told me that the more recent Android version stores a new backup of each module's parameter values only if a coding change has been saved. The older iOS version stores a new backup whenever a module is accessed even if nothing has changed which can result in many duplicate backups and excessive memory use. He told me that he planned to implement the Android backup algorithm in the iOS version at some point, but I don't know whether this has been done yet.

It's always true with the Android version that restoring the most recent backup would restore the system to the state immediately before the last changes were saved. But with the older iOS versions and maybe even the current version, restoring the most recent backup would restore the system to its previous state only if coding changes were saved the last time the module was accessed. Because of this uncertainty, if I visit a module but don't save any changes with my iOS version, I delete the backup that has been created so that duplicate backups don't remain.

alohart said:
EVMan said:
Resolved
Are you saying that there are 2 separate clocks, both of which can be set independently? Or did the coding change to set the time automatically require you to manually set the time in order for the time to be synchronized throughout all modules? Since making this coding change, I've never set the time manually and haven't noticed any problem, but I don't use low-cost charging.

While center screen was showing correct time. The driver screen was showing 00:00.
So , forced setting time , rectified the problem.

EVMan said:
The BimmerCode developer told me that the more recent Android version stores a new backup of each module's parameter values only if a coding change has been saved. The older iOS version stores a new backup whenever a module is accessed even if nothing has changed which can result in many duplicate backups and excessive memory use. He told me that he planned to implement the Android backup algorithm in the iOS version at some point, but I don't know whether this has been done yet.

It's always true with the Android version that restoring the most recent backup would restore the system to the state immediately before the last changes were saved. But with the older iOS versions and maybe even the current version, restoring the most recent backup would restore the system to its previous state only if coding changes were saved the last time the module was accessed. Because of this uncertainty, if I visit a module but don't save any changes with my iOS version, I delete the backup that has been created so that duplicate backups don't remain.

I was using the Android.
i think , the top right button ,has the restore option.
It did not see a list of backups , but a pop-up said , r u ready to restore the backup ?
So it looked to me , there was only one backup. but i did not go thru using the full wizard , so may be more screens show ups
Reading the doc , it reads like , the very first original backup is saved.

The author juts confirmed
"Android version only creates one initial backup of the original coding data before coding the first time'

EVMan said:
The author juts confirmed
"Android version only creates one initial backup of the original coding data before coding the first time'
I don't use the Android version, but I hope this algorithm isn't or hasn't been implemented in the iPhone version. I have a set of coding changes that work well. If I make a change in the future that causes problems, I would want to restore my current parameter values, not those set by BMW which seems to be what the Android version is doing.

Back