Tire inflation sticker missing...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danharr

Hi All-
I love the forum- I just bought a late (12/5/14) 2014 REX last week and I’m very happy with it but I wanted to check my tire pressure and found no tire pressure sticker anywhere on the car.

What is the proper pressure for the 20” wheels, and is this missing sticker issue common? I thought they were required by law- at least in some states here in the US. Is there any way I could get the right sticker for the 20” wheel i3 anywhere? I thought perhaps my drivers side door might have been replaced but the door has the proper VIN sticker and no sign of damage & clean Carfax.

This is a most helpful forum! I’ve already done some coding and checked my battery charge level- all info learned here. Thanks!

The tire inflation pressure sticker is on the lower front edge of the rear driver-side door such that it is easily readable when the rear door is closed and the front driver-side door is open.

Recommended inflation pressures should be in your printed Owner's Manual. Curiously, they are not in the digital Driver's Guide.

I believe the recommended inflation pressures are the same for all tire sizes: 33 psi front and 41 psi rear.

Thanks Art!
Unfortunately I’ve got no such sticker on my car and I’ve checked everywhere!

Thanks for the numbers- I’ll verify my tire pressures tomorrow, but meanwhile- does anyone know if I can get a sticker?

danharr said:
Unfortunately I’ve got no such sticker on my car and I’ve checked everywhere!
That seems odd. I wonder whether the driver-side rear door might have been replaced during a collision repair.

That was my first thought too, but all the doors have their original VIN number stickers on them.

SOme people just don't like stickers or badges, and remove them on their cars.

Check out http://www.realoem.com to see if it's a replacement part. The dealership should be able to tell you as well, but sometimes, it's easier to just say order me part # x.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=1Z63-USA-03-2016-I01-BMW_i-i3_94Ah&diagId=71_0781#71246781271

Back