Parking assist comes on automatically?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi- When I put my 2016 I3 in reverse to back out of my garage, the backup camera comes on, and sensors do some beeping as I move out, very normal.

When I come into the garage - opening the garage door from the button on mirror - SOMETIMES parking assist comes on like I was looking for parking spot, shows the overhead shot on the screen, SOMETIMES it doesn't. I can't figure out why it doesn't seem to be consistent. Any ideas?

I'm glad I'm not the only one. The EV charging stations where I work are very close together and occasionally when I start to pull out, parking assist turns on. I wonder if the close proximity of the vehicle to my right (US car, LHD) fools the parking assist into thinking I'm pulling up beside a car ready to parallel park.

I just put it down to one of the (many) quirks of the i3 :)

Go to Settings/Parking and disable AutoPDC. When on, it triggers Park Assist when you slow down to a threshold. The sensors are always on. But you have the option to turn on the parking software automatically, when you slow down, or manually using the center console button.

Found this out when the sensors iced up. Whenever I slowed down, I got spammed with gongs and the Park Assist.

Back