Trunk always open, not locking

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prettig

Central locking works. UNLOCK trunk works fine (fob, in car button and button on trunk). No settings in menu to be find.

But it will not lock....... any idea´s (faulty lock)

Are you assuming it will not lock because you can open it? Try opening it without your key in your pocket.

If you have comfort access...nothing is really 'locked' when you walk up to the car. The front hood latch would need to be popped either from inside the car or with the fob, but neither door nor the hatch are 'locked' and are always accessible without doing anything other than the physical action to open it. The proximity of the related sensor seems to be somewhere between 2-3' or so, but it depends somewhat on where you have it and if there's any interference. I find that if I have the fob for both my GT and the i3 in the same pocket...the i3's fob's range is diminished, or if it is next to my cellphone, or sometimes, even in a back pocket verses front. Also, if the front doors are unlocked, so is the hatch.

Oeps ..... getting old, stupid to forget the comfort access..... :eek: (so used to it)
It is locked without the key near the car, thx for the wake-up-call.

Back