Set temperature of comfort climate control?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 5157

Can one set the temperature maintained while using the comfort climate control (AC running while i3 off)? The Auto temperature (normal AC) is set to 74, but when I get back in the car after leaving for less than 30 min. with the CCC selected, the car seems VERY cold. Outside temperature was 90.

WHen the vehicle is either heat or cold soaked...to get the entire interior comfortable, it takes the air temperature being quite a bit hotter or colder than the setting. I run into a similar situation when I go away for a few days and set the home's thermostat away from 'normal'....it takes quite awhile before say sitting on the couch when it is comfortable. Exceeding the 'normal' air temp speeds that up. AIr temp is one thing...the whole cabin is another. The computer only will run the conditioning for about 30-minutes, maximum, so it needs to get the air temp in excess to get the whole cabin conditioned. At least, that's my take on it.

Back