2018-1 Navigation Update

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3Houston

I recently upgraded the navigation map on my i3 and although a key was provided i3 never asked for it. I read this in another topic and can now second that.

The map version is 2018-1 and it also prompts to show the street view or flicker images of the destination, I think is the new feature that came with the update.

Secondly, navigation seems more responsive than before.

Also anyone know how to generate or find the FSC code, Ideally myself rather than paying.

alohart said:
gps1539 said:
Where should I download the map data from?
Don't waste your time on the North American NEXT (wide-screen professional navigation only) 2018-1 or 2018-2 version because the 2019-1 version is now available as a torrent file.

Thought about it but cant do this in work laptop and home laptop has expired anti virus so it was a choice to spend of anti virus or map.

How would 2019-01 be available so early?

gps1539 said:
Thanks, but looks like FB pulled the torrent file. Is it posted elsewhere?
I just downloaded it using the link provided, so it's still available on FB. Maybe this download isn't available to those who aren't members of the FB i3 group.

i3Houston said:
Thought about it but can't do this in work laptop and home laptop has expired anti virus so it was a choice to spend of anti virus or map.
Unless you get your map data directly from BMW, it's a pirated file that could include malware.

i3Houston said:
How would 2019-01 be available so early?
No idea. After installing it, our i3 reports this version.

I think ebay may have pirated versions but there are couple sites that sell the updates and they look legit. Here is the site i used.

https://bmwnavupdate.com

You are right about the 2019-01 update. I contacted them just now and they have sent me this new version(excellent customer service). Their customer support mentioned this update just came out two days ago.

Quick update

I downloaded 2018-1 and I updated from 2015-X without issue and no FSC required.
I then updated to 2019-1 and again did not need an FSC code.

gps1539 said:
Quick update

I downloaded 2018-1 and I updated from 2015-X without issue and no FSC required.
I then updated to 2019-1 and again did not need an FSC code.

Ditto!!

Back