Possible to use a 427 style rear wheel (53mm offset) on the front ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theothertom

I think I've got the numbers right. Hope I don't have them backwards. Car is a 2015 BEV with style 427 wheels. Is it possible to use a rear wheel (53mm offset) on the front (normally 43mm offset) ? Why, you ask? The owner has a scuffed rear and wants to replace it with new but keep the old, scuffed rear for a spare, so I was wondering if it would be a "universal" spare and fit the front as well

Been there but in the end I decided to replace all four tires and save one each front and rear old tires.

i3Houston said:
Been there but in the end I decided to replace all four tires and save one each front and rear old tires.
Thanks for the reply but I think tires are the same front and rear. I'm asking about the wheel sizes.

theothertom said:
i3Houston said:
Thanks for the reply but I think tires are the same front and rear. I'm asking about the wheel sizes.

Sorry, missed that its i3 'BEV'

theothertom said:
The stock wheels and tires on a 2015 U.S. Mega World BEV are the same front and rear: 5" x 19" 427 wheels with 155/70 R19 tires. On all other 2015 U.S. i3's, the stock rear wheels and tires, 5.5" x 19" wheels with 175/60 R19 tires, are wider than the front wheels and tires. So if the scuffed rear wheel is stock, it could be used as a spare that would fit on the front as well without using a wheel spacer. Just be careful not to buy a 5.5" x 19" 427 wheel as a replacement (they were stock on U.S. Mega World REx's).

Back