Enabling iDrive Office.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMK

Ok, so I coded in iDrive Office using the i3 Bimmercode cheat sheet as reference, though I did use E-SYS to do so. However, despite the Office menu showing up in the main menu, I do not receive any messages through the system. I've tried re-pairing my iPhone 6s, but hasn't made any difference. My other coding adventures have ended up successfully, so I do know that my coding setup works. Any thoughts as to what might be the problem? Does some sort of enhanced Bluetooth need to be VO coded?

TheMK said:
Ok, so I coded in iDrive Office using the i3 Bimmercode cheat sheet as reference, though I did use E-SYS to do so. However, despite the Office menu showing up in the main menu, I do not receive any messages through the system. I've tried re-pairing my iPhone 6s, but hasn't made any difference. My other coding adventures have ended up successfully, so I do know that my coding setup works. Any thoughts as to what might be the problem? Does some sort of enhanced Bluetooth need to be VO coded?

I have the same question as I just coded the same thing. Thanks for posting.

When I VO coded my entire car for TJA, I decided not to go back and re-code this feature. If this feature is anything like retrofitting traffic jam assist, then VO coding for it might be the only option. I'll look into it and report back. If VO coding is required, then it's kinda funny that this feature is mentioned in the i3 facebook group's bimmercode reference sheet.

It’s not a coding issue. With iDrive 5 and earlier, iPhones must be connected via a USB cable for most integrated functions, including the bulk of Office apps. BMW USA has a Bluetooth compatibility check tool. Most functions show a red X for my 2017 i3 with Pro Nav and iPhone X.

https://www.bmwusa.com/owners/bluetooth-technology.html

I believe iDrive 6 offers more wireless integration but since that's only on the 2018s, I can't offer any personal experience.

It might simply be your phone settings. When I enabled the office functionality for my iPhone I also had to go into the Bluetooth menu on the phone and press the small ‘circled i’ next to the vehicle connection.
From there I had to enable “Show Notifications” (you may also need to enable “Sync”).
This fixed the issue for me.

Back