MyInfo Remote Services

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfran2

I'm a relatively new owner of a 2014 i3 REx. According to BMW Connected, one of the services my car is signed up for until 2025 is Remote Services, including MyInfo, with which I'm supposed to be able to send destinations from my smart phone to my car's navigation system. According to what I've read, if I get on my phone and find a destination, there's supposed to be a button somewhere that will send it to the car, but I'm not seeing a thing. Can anyone give me a hint, please? I've downloaded the BMW Connected app to my Android phone. The car shows up; I can read it's SOC, honk the horn, etc. There must be something I'm missing to tie it to Google maps. Thanks for any advice you can give!

Open the BMW app and click the icon on the top left for the menu. Once there click destinations. That'll open BMW's map service - what you're looking for is done there rather than in google maps or apple maps. I believe after you find your destination there's a button on the bottom to send it to your car or and arrow or something.

As long as you do it from within the map it's easy to send to your car. I do it all the time to mine.

Hope this works for you!

If you still have the full BMW connected functionality in the car, you can use Google maps to send a location, but once that expires, you're limited to the app. After that free subscription runs out (3-4 years, depending), it's about $200/year to extend it. Personally, I didn't find it worthwhile to extend it, but you might.

Back