Aftermarket Warranty

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmurray21

I just purchased a 2015 rex, and i was wondering what people have done in terms of after market warranties. I got a quote for $100 per month, which seems just high enough for me to roll the dice and go without. What have others done?

That seem pretty high. When does your factory warranty expires? Mine is 2015 as well and I have until Jan 2020 and will be using that in the meantime. What is covered for the quote that you got? Rex seem to have more issues than BEV (which I got and no regrets) so you may want to have coverage.

We picked up our 2015 Rex last July and have juste recently purchased an extended platinum warranty from BMW Canada. It was a pricey option but gets us to 7 years from date of service so about December 2022.

Our warranty should cover anything but it usually works out that you don't need it if you have it.

We bought the car for our small business so we wanted to make sure it is always up to date so it doesn't let us down when we need it most.

i3Bev said:
That seem pretty high. When does your factory warranty expires? Mine is 2015 as well and I have until Jan 2020 and will be using that in the meantime. What is covered for the quote that you got? Rex seem to have more issues than BEV (which I got and no regrets) so you may want to have coverage.

I just called BMW relations and i am covered until Feb 2020. The package i was quoated was a diamond package from Car Sheild. Everything is covered except for nomal wear and servicing.

PBNB said:
We picked up our 2015 Rex last July and have juste recently purchased an extended platinum warranty from BMW Canada. It was a pricey option but gets us to 7 years from date of service so about December 2022.

Our warranty should cover anything but it usually works out that you don't need it if you have it.

We bought the car for our small business so we wanted to make sure it is always up to date so it doesn't let us down when we need it most.

How much if you dont mind me asking?

mmurray21 said:
PBNB said:

The extra warranty cost us about $3,800 CDN which they added onto the existing 4 year warranty.

So about $100 per month as a comparison to your quoted amount. We just paid for it outright and since it is with BMW and not a third party carrier, we feel pretty confident that they will look after us.

PBNB said:
mmurray21 said:
PBNB said:

The extra warranty cost us about $3,800 CDN which they added onto the existing 4 year warranty.

So about $100 per month as a comparison to your quoted amount. We just paid for it outright and since it is with BMW and not a third party carrier, we feel pretty confident that they will look after us.

These are quotes I got with $50 deductible:

60 total months/75k total miles - $4299 (expires 01/15/2021)
72 total months / 75k total miles - $4799 (expires 01/15/2022)
84 total months / 75k total miles - $5199 (expires 01/15/2023)

So it looks like we got a pretty decent deal on the 84 month 100,000 km warranty.

The most expensive warranty on my list is an 84 month 200,000 km (125,000 miles) warranty at $6,045 CDN. This is for the BMW Platinum Warranty.

The cost for the 84 month 120k kms (75k miles) on my list is $4,200 CDN.

I read through the contract and can't find anything referring to a deductible but there is a transfer/cancellation fee of $50.

Back