NFC Reader Info Output from the BMW i Charging Station

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LivingBetterThurEV

I purchased and installed the BMW i Charging Station. Now I am trying to research for more info into the NFC tag info generated by the device. BTW - Installation went well, great location, 40 amp circuit breaker, #8 wiring, 3/4" conduit, etc. In fact I created a 7 page installation manual to help the local dealer (since areas of the instructions were miss-leading - or the correct mounting hardware was not included). More about of that later.

There is a short sentence in the Charging Station owners manual (page 15) referring to NFC enabled devices (i.e. Smartphones - mainly Android since Apple does not support NFC yet). So I installed the BMW i Remote App (Android Nexus phone) and when waved near the charger, it jumps to the European BMWgroup website. Seems like the Station NFC output is not configured for US (i.e.. sends you to a different URL, not BMW-US - even though the unit is sold by US BMW dealers and "made in USA" by Schneider Electric.

Has any or our European i3 owners purchased or used the BMW i Charging Station?
Anyone using their NFC enable phone been able to read "charging information" directly from the Charging Station?

Note: Some of the data output from the BMW i Charging Station includes:
URL message "bmwgroup.com/360electric/nfc.html".
Manufacturer NXP Semiconductors (Germany).

Thanks......

Back