Really want to recommend CodeMyCar

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epirali

Hi everyone:

This may already be posted somewhere in the past (can't find it with the "search tools"). I am fairly technical but didn't want to deal with the steps to code the i3. So I had Okee from CodeMyCar do the coding remotely. Nothing but positive to report, very knowledgeable, quick, easy painless.

Just a note for anyone who doesn't want to go through the steps yourself (i.e. lazy like me!).

http://www.codemycar.com

Shrink13 said:
Thanks for the posting. Can I ask how much they charge for the remote coding?

Thank you

For my requirements it was $170, but that includes the ODBII/ethernet adapter.

Second endorsement. Does a great job and a pleasure to work with. On time or ahead of schedule. A real pleasure. Support this guy.

(NFI)

So what benefits / changes / advantages do you folk look altering through the coding? I am curious.
JTM

Lithiumman said:
So what benefits / changes / advantages do you folk look altering through the coding? I am curious.
JTM
There are a bunch of things you can change thru coding. Most people code their car to manually hold the SOC at 75% and enable the full gas tank. Other options are disable the start up warning and a whole host of others. Search the forums and you'll find plenty.

How much gas were you able to put in an empty tank after 'CodeMyCar'?

I am only able to put 2.30-2.32 gallons after using BimmerCode. I have a hypothesis that there may be a better value but wanted find out if other coding efforts for usable gas tank size give different results.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

Yes I can recommend them. Okee was great! he did everything we asked and provided some guidance on what other items to code such as gas tank, turn on rex, ect. My wife and I made a 800 mile trip to Grand rapids Michigan in the I3 rex coded no issues.

Back