Internet Browser

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2724

Does anybody have tips on using the BMW internet browser? I went to use it to find a location of a store and found it quite difficult to use. I eventually gave up and used wifi on my cell phone at a coffee shop :(

The task I tried to do was:

1. searched for the main company website from the google Home page - straight forward. Was able to input company name and hit search button but thats where things went astray.

2. Company site came up on search and I was able to select company but then company site had a form that needed me to 'input my location' so they could give me stores close by.

No matter how hard I tried I could not get 'BMW keyboard wheel' to show when my curser was flashing on the 'input line' :( :(

So I went to the manual and could not find any tips on how to use. Looked online again - no tips that I could find! Frustrated and annoyed that what I thought should be a straight forward simple task was next to impossible. Lots of marketing stuff showing Google home page but seems very limited from there.....

If you have a arrow cursor on the web page - how do you switch to keyboard input?

If you are in keyboard input, how do you select 'enter' or how do you get to BMW options screen on left side of screen? [Tabs, Internet Address, Home, etc]?

Thanks for help, suggestions and advice in advance. I can use my cell phone normally when I am in my home country for internet but when I roam in the US I am too frugal [cheeeap] to pay the exhorbantant internet roaming charges. Even slower 3G would be a better option in a pinch. I could have used BMW Concierge which I will do next time - but I thought I was up for the challenge to use the internet in the car that became a big technical embarrassment.
:roll:

Back