Garage door opener

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyW

I've seen a couple of mentions on Tom's blog that this is available in the US, but I can't see any mention of it in the UK brochure. It's too late now as my car's on its way :D but I'm curious - anyone know about this?

ETA sorry Tom, should be in the "Buying" section - feel free to move.

AndyW said:
I've seen a couple of mentions on Tom's blog that this is available in the US, but I can't see any mention of it in the UK brochure. It's too late now as my car's on its way :D but I'm curious - anyone know about this?

ETA sorry Tom, should be in the "Buying" section - feel free to move.

Here in the US the garage door remote is standard with the Giga or Terra World interiors which would be Lodge and Lounge. I don't know if it can be ordered as a stand alone feature though.

On my new i3 the power to the garage opener (Integrated Universal Remote Control) is inconsistent. First, understand that I don't park in the garage because my Z3 is in there; I just want to open the door. If after I stop in the driveway, select Park, then Stop, I can usually push the remote button and open the garage door. Once. If I change my mind and try to close the door, nothing happens; the IURC seems to be off. Instead I must turn the car back on and press the button to close the garage door. And, if after pressing Stop if I wait more than just a few seconds, the IURC will not work.

So it appears that once the car is off, generally speaking the IURC is no longer powered. And yet the radio has power and can be turned on. I see no logic in that, since neither item should be drawing power when not being used, so why take the power away? Am I missing something?

Back