Default EcoPro mode

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARi3

Hello,

New owner, sorry if this already has been covered. My car defaults to Comfort mode every time I start the car. I have to press the EcoPro button which seems so radiculous on otherwise well thought-out car. Is this something that can be coded to default to the last used mode, or at least allow to set the default mode? Tying it to the profile would make even more sense.

Thanks...

Yes, there is a way to code the car to start in EcoPro mode as default. I have my car coded currently to do so. Here's the information you will need to make the coding change:

BDC_BODY / CAFD EDIT FDL /
3221 PfFesMaster
FesInitMode
Ausgelesen
Werte=??
03 = Comfort
07 = Eco Pro
08 = Eco Pro +

Cheers,
Nick

TheNickGuy said:
Yes, there is a way to code the car to start in EcoPro mode as default. I have my car coded currently to do so. Here's the information you will need to make the coding change:

3221 PfFesMaster
FesInitMode
Ausgelesen
Werte=??
03 = Comfort
07 = Eco Pro
08 = Eco Pro +

Cheers,
Nick

Hi. Would you mind providing a little mor explanation as to how to go about this coding issue, for those of us who are not as tech savvy?

dmann said:
TheNickGuy said:

3221 PfFesMaster
FesInitMode
Ausgelesen
Werte=??
03 = Comfort
07 = Eco Pro
08 = Eco Pro +

Cheers,
Nick

Hi. Would you mind providing a little mor explanation as to how to go about this coding issue, for those of us who are not as tech savvy?
You need to buy a cable and download software that can run on a laptop. How to explicitly do it is covered in various BMW coding forums. You hook the cable up to the car's OBD II port. Essentially, you read the data from the module you want to reprogram, save it in case you mess up, edit a copy, then upload it back into the car. This does not change the core code in the car, but there are literally thousands of values, or parameters that can be tweaked.

dmann said:
TheNickGuy said:

3221 PfFesMaster
FesInitMode
Ausgelesen
Werte=??
03 = Comfort
07 = Eco Pro
08 = Eco Pro +

Cheers,
Nick

If you're not tech savvy, don't even try it... It can be done over the internet, with a third party accessing your car. I would search online and through other BMW forums for those offering services.

vinc said:
Can it be done via iOS? BimmerCode does not seem to show the option...
I did it using BimmerCode. I came across it yesterday when trying to code the key fob to allow starting conditioning locally.

Bob Wilson

vinc said:
Can it be done via iOS? BimmerCode does not seem to show the option...
From the BimmerCode Website's list of changes supported by BimmerCode's normal mode (i.e., expert mode not required):

• Driving mode on startup: Eco Pro
• Available in BDC_01

vinc said:
Fantastic! I was looking for an Eco Pro+ option, but Pro should do :)
Eco Pro+ is probably an option as well. I set my default driving mode to Eco Pro and edited this list to indicate the changes that I have made which is why Eco Pro is shown.

Back