B612116 Program Control Units Range

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gururise

Took my 2015 i3 REX in for service today and beside the brake fluid service, the two other services they are performing are:

B612116 Service Action: Program Control Units Range
I01 Replace engine mount screw connection, program control units B22 04 15

Anyone know what the 1st one does? The service rep only informed me it was a software update.

bwilson4web said:
If your car was coded for early REx operation, was the patch removed?

Bob Wilson

Not sure if its the same but when they updated my i3/rex for engine mount and control software it reset the coding to use the full tank (along with other codes).

gururise said:
Took my 2015 i3 REX in for service today and beside the brake fluid service, the two other services they are performing are:

Anyone know what the 1st one does? The service rep only informed me it was a software update.
B612116: Applicable to BEV & REX for more accurate range calculation.

RoadJager said:
gururise said:

B612116: Applicable to BEV & REX for more accurate range calculation.

Thanks... i've got about 50% SOC in my 2015 Rex and the new range calcs show about 46 miles of range.

Back