Stop windows opening when holding unlockbutton

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcovh

We all know and some of us have found to their surprise that if you hold the unlock button on the remote (accidently in your pocket) you find the car with the windows open.

I have had several cars with this option and to be honest in those 8 years used it twice maybe. So will i miss it, clearly not.

My question is now, can we with coding remove the hold to open windows function on the remote? And what parameter needs to be coded because i have not come accros this code line yet.

Does anyone know if this option can be coded? I too would like to eliminate the windows down from a long unlock key press option.

Not by coding... But if you have the i brand key fob protector (blue rubbery thing even glows slightly I the dark...) Put it on inside out so all keys are covered. This only helps with comfort access equipped i3. Hope this helps. I realize it's not coding But it's a fix to the problem.

Thank you vigil1221. I use the blue cover. I may try reversing it as you suggest. I've only had the window issue happen once.

Back