Reboot/ Reset i3 Computer to remove bugs

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVMan

Hi All,
My todays experience. I hate bad software...
Went to DC charge , when my battery was below 10%

Tried to Activate the Climate Control, to turn on AC , as i was sitting inside the car.
Under battery 10% there is a check, CC option is disabled, and you can not turn on. Ok.i understand.

Unfortunately , once this flag is set, it cannot be reset. even if the battery reaches 80%. The option is just disabled.
End result - No AC today for me , while charging.

Frustrated , i opened the windows , and put on a movie for the first time, from my HDD on the i3 ( I coded and enable the Video option recently)

Movie ran fine for 10 mins , and then the video codec crashed. From their on, only audio, no video. Just blank brown color for the movie.
I was unable to fix this codec issue , even with different movie.

I believe , both the issues need a reboot of software, and i was not able to achieve that , buy turning the car on/off
I hate poor software , when it makes the good hardware unavailable. :roll:

Can anyone advise how ?

When I had an issue with my cellular connection (there were sometimes issues with the first ones like mine), after some discussion, I was told to try to remove the fuse, and then replace it...at least for that module, a full power off/on forced a full reboot and it worked afterwards. I do not know which module may be the culprit in your situation, by you could just try pulling the more likely fuse(s). FWIW, you could pull the power plug to it, but in reality, those connectors are really designed for only a few insertion/removal cycles and are designed ideally for just a couple in case of infant mortality...normally, they'd be plugged in once and never touched again, so they don't make them particularly robust. The fuse block, on the other hand, is designed for a bit more use (not much, but some).

I'm also hitting that codec bug regularly, and would love to have a way to reset it without having to turn the vehicle off for several minutes. I've seen videos showing how it's done on other BMW models, but none of those techniques have worked on the i3.

Back