Adding front parking sensors

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristopherEmmanuel

Has anyone successfully fitted front parking sensors to their car> What is involved. is the wiring loom installed at the factory for the center console button and in the front bumper area?

Thanks in advance

It's highly unlikely that the harness exists in a car that did not have that option from the factory. Being almost fanatic about weight, the harnesses rarely have any 'extra' wires with maybe wires for the Sirius radio being an exception. You have to go back a couple of decades to where switches and extra wires in the harness were fairly common. Not sure, but expect the bumper cover would have to be replaced and painted since those panels tend to come in primer that must be covered with a finish paint. I do not know if there is also a new module, or if it is a modified version the rear to include the front sensors. Then, you'd have the programming issues. Today's cars are mostly controlled by computers, so you need not only the hardware, but also the software to make it all work.

Back