Email Notifications?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdjuju

Sorry if this is a FAQ but I've looked around & can't seem to find mention of it.

Is there any way to receive email notifications when the car is finished charging, or for other status notifcations? My Fiat500e had this & I was spoiled by it, so I could let folks in the office know when my car was done, for example.

I do not think the car itself has the ability to send email notifications.

I receive emails notifications based on the charging station network.

The app can give you some updates and status, but as far as I know, the car itself does not email anything (at least to the users...maybe sets some flags at the server).

FWIW, when the car initially ends the active charging cycle...I've found that it sometimes restarts it several times at a slightly later time. My assumption is that it does this to level out the battery cells, and it takes some time off of charge to sense their state before it turns it back on again. IOW, if max charge is your goal, the first time it shuts off may not be all it needs or wants. The difference is probably subtle and may not even show up on the capacity indication, but it's real.

I had a Ford Focus Electric, before the BMW i3.
It would email me for lots of things. It was
all programmable.

I do not know if the i3 will do that. I have not
found a function yet.

The only i3 email I have received from one of BMW's servers was to warn me to charge soon because our battery pack's charge level was low. So BMW's servers have the ability to send email messages to i3 owners but have apparently been programmed to do so only for very limited reasons not including charging completed events, a feature that many owners would appreciate. BMW seems quite primitive with its software design and features, so I don't expect features to be added after almost 3 years of i3 ownership.

Back