Folding Mirrors 2018 model

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucas2497

For those looking to code their cars and myself included I learned today that my 2018 i3s will fold the mirrors if I keep my hand on the door lock sensor a beat longer when locking the car. I discovered this by accident when I was washing my car and the vehicle locked and a second later the mirrors folded up! Made my day. Follow me on instagram @tvfreelancerlucasr

SOme of the actions like that are implemented differently based on market, so may not work on all the same. It is one thing that can be coded, if I remember.

This can be done also on my 2017 I3. Can be different in other countries. For me it's Norway we talk about

I'm located in NY, USA and my understanding was that the US spec i3's did not have this feature unless the owner coded his/her vehicle. My particular car is a new 2018 and I'm the first owner and I was planning on coding the vehicle for this specific reason. Now I don't have too!

lucas2497 said:
For those looking to code their cars and myself included I learned today that my 2018 i3s will fold the mirrors if I keep my hand on the door lock sensor a beat longer when locking the car.
It's likely that you could reduce the delay time if so desired using BimmerCode. I enabled this behavior on our 2014 i3 and set the delay time to 0 seconds which, likely due to the rather slow i3 data bus, still isn't quite instantaneous.

Back