Connected phone app showing spurious appointments?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharonPDX

I have the BMW Connected app on my phone. It is linked to my family's shared calendar (iOS, iCloud Shared calendar.) Occasionally, I will get the "leave in 5 minutes to make it to <appointment>" from the BMW Connected app for appointments that aren't on my calendar! Today, one popped up for "Party". They have addresses, local to me, but ones I don't recognize. (Today's was a nearby church.) My wife and teenager both have no knowledge of the event that pops up. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: As I was typing this up, a theory came to me. My i3 is a 2015 I purchased certified preowned a few months ago that had been a lease return. I wonder if the previous owner never deleted the BMW Connected app from their phone (or at least didn't delete what is now my car from their app when they returned it if they have another BMW still,) and it's still syncing to their calendar?

BMW Connected, all bmwusa.com sites really, has been more of a mess than usual lately. A couple of weeks ago, I started getting notifications warning that my BEV's fuel was low and the helpful advice to "Find a gas station?" For the record, my charge level was above 50%.

31305927528_b7d2558c49.jpg

Serious issues have affected other BMW USA online services as well. I've had to reset my password multiple times, been locked out, had data go missing, etc. When the issues hit my BMW Financial Services account I called and spoke to a support rep. He apologized profusely, admitted that my experience was common, and explained that their previous contract with Verizon to run the customer-facing site and other contact points was going to expire so management made the decision to roll out new sites across the board. The transition wasn't going as smoothly as hoped. Understatement.

I guess they'll work these issues out eventually. In the meantime, be thankful if they haven't impacted your experience.

Back