Replacement Wiper Blades

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help please. Do not make me buy BMW blades. Isn't there a Bosch or Michelin or Silblade equivalent that someone knows??

Wiper blades are usually pretty generic...all it takes is measuring their length with a common tape measure and verifying the attachment method. A quick search on Amazon shows both OEM and aftermarket exact fit. PLaces like tirerack.com and most any decent car parts supply house can help you.

I have been on tirerack and they have no replacement listed. I have been to several aftermarket blade manufacturers (Silblade, RainX) and they do not have an i3 listings. Anyone out there have any other suggestions? Appreciated.

Add to the sites searched Bosch and Advanced Auto Parts with no replacement blades available.

You come up with the same things if you search Amazon , but here's Trico's options http://www.tricoproducts.com/drivers/findyourwipersize just enter your year and model number.

Most any one the right length sold as a generic should also work...the fitting attachment isn't all that unique.

peteinlongbeach said:
The cars are at most a year old... you need blades already?

Amazing isn't it? NY weather is not the same as the weather in sunny CA and my car has lived outside through some major snow storms. Takes its toll.

NoMoreGas said:
peteinlongbeach said:
The cars are at most a year old... you need blades already?

Amazing isn't it? NY weather is not the same as the weather in sunny CA and my car has lived outside through some major snow storms. Takes its toll.

They should be included in the maintenance plan.

I bought Bosch AM800U for driver side. 2 inches longer than original, it wipes perfectly, down side is that the spoiler is not asymmetrical,

Still wonder which one is closest to original...

I recently bought a 2014 i3 BEV, and the aftermarket blades that supposedly fit it do not. The brackets on my wiper arms are totally different. Do I have to buy BMW OEM blades?

Back