Heavy duty floor mats

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue20

Anyone uses heavy duty floor mats in their i3? With the amount of rain in my area, rubber mat is a must have.

The BMW's "All-weather floor mats" look very flimsy.

Found this one in weathertech.com, anyone have this one?
http://www.weathertech.com/bmw/2014/i3/floorliner-digitalfit/

Photos of the BMW i all-weather mats are deceiving. They look slick but in fact are quite grippy. The rubber is a decent thickness and a lip runs around the edge. I picked up front and rear sets to use during our rainy season since I suspect the light grey mats would be trashed. The WeatherTech set struck me as too industrial. They're also more expensive. Still even during a wet winter we don't approach the level of precipitation you get in BC.

Just picked up the BMW mats.

The good
  • They are better quality than pictured.
    Definitely easier to clean and more durable than the standard mats.
    BMW i logo.

The bad
  • There is a slight gloss finish to them.
    Also the color of them is more gray than tan.
    If your really picky I don't think they match the Giga interior. To my eye the Giga interior is more tan than gray.

Still on the fence if I'm happy with them.

Besides WeatherTech, I haven't been able to find any other aftermarket floor mats.

Perhaps I will search again when the rainy season begin. Hopefully, there will be more option by then.

KiloWatts said:

The good
    BMW i logo.

The bad
    If your really picky I don't think they match the Giga interior. To my eye the Giga interior is more tan than gray.

Can you post some pics? I have yet to see any installed and i really dont want to go with the weather techs.

M2140 said:
KiloWatts said:

The good
    BMW i logo.

The bad

Can you post some pics? I have yet to see any installed and i really dont want to go with the weather techs.

At least from the photos on the BMW accessories shop make their mats look ugly. They are light silver grey looking with a blue trim edging around the perimeter.

I am hoping weatherteck will make their standard mat to fit. I made a request for it and since they are already making their heavy duty digital fit full cover mat they definitely have the needed dimensions already. They also make a cut to fit mat which I will buy if their standard mat isn't available soon. The cut to fit mats are only $49.95 plus shipping for a set of both front and back, and they come in three colors, black being important to me since I bought a Tera which has black carpeting.

The accessory floor mats may actually match the Mega & Tera interiors better than they do the Giga interior.

Either way, in retrospect I would have preferred black mats (Weathertech, Tera carpet, ...). I couldn't keep up with the light colored Giga carpet mats.

KiloWatts said:
Here are some photos of the BMW accessory mats.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/watson_collins/5j5tu2

Thanks for the pics man. The mats really don't go with the Giga interior.

I want black floor mats but I don't want ugly rubber ones. So it got me thinking, the Tera model has black floor mats. Why not get those instead of the light colored ones. I worked out a deal we my local dealer to get them for free and I they just came in today. I'll post some pics later.

M2140 said:
KiloWatts said:
... The mats really don't go with the Giga interior.
It's hard to tell from the pic, but they look very nice and complementary to the Giga interior to me. When mine gets hear next month, hopefully the dealer will have a set that I can look at.

i3Alan said:
M2140 said:
KiloWatts said:
... The mats really don't go with the Giga interior.
It's hard to tell from the pic, but they look very nice and complementary to the Giga interior to me. When mine gets hear next month, hopefully the dealer will have a set that I can look at.

I got my dealer to throw in those same BMW all-weather mats because the white/light-gray carpet factory mats are ridiculously impractical. Personally I think the all-weather mats look great with my Giga interior. The only downside I have seen is they tend to show footprints easily, but that may improve over time as the surface becomes less "tacky".

M2140 said:
KiloWatts said:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/watson_collins/5j5tu2

Thanks for the pics man. The mats really don't go with the Giga interior.

I want black floor mats but I don't want ugly rubber ones. So it got me thinking, the Tera model has black floor mats. Why not get those instead of the light colored ones. I worked out a deal we my local dealer to get them for free and I they just came in today. I'll post some pics later.

Thx for those Pics; I think I want them; I am not as offended by them as you seem to be with the Giga beige. What I am offended by is the pathetic http://www.shopbmwusa.com/BMW-I descriptions/nonsense names and worse, pictures. I agree that the tan mats are absurd but will dirty them up before springing for something else.

I have the All Weather Mats and they dirty far too quickly. I hope that they will not dirty as often as another poster said once they lose their 'tackiness.' I was very disappointed to see footprints after driving home with them from the dealer. I don't think they were worth the expense. The car should have come with black floor mats.

I just got the all weather mats and did not have the dealer install them. It looks like they come in two sections for the front and another two sections for the back. My question is they each have rubber tabs on them with a pair of scissors icon on them. When I cut the rubber tabs off do I cut in front of or behind the little raised ridge?

Blue20 said:
Besides WeatherTech, I haven't been able to find any other aftermarket floor mats.

Perhaps I will search again when the rainy season begin. Hopefully, there will be more option by then.

Look at Lloyd custom mats, they make all kinds of custom fit mats, including all weather. I have a set on order but haven't seen them yet (ordered them a while ago but I'm out of town).

http://lloydmats.com

mikejrexec said:
I just got the all weather mats and did not have the dealer install them. It looks like they come in two sections for the front and another two sections for the back. My question is they each have rubber tabs on them with a pair of scissors icon on them. When I cut the rubber tabs off do I cut in front of or behind the little raised ridge?

I was actually told by the parts department that no one cuts the tag off, they justify lay one over the other. It worked fine. I like how they look. I may order the black ones in addition. I like a change every once in awhile.

Can any owner of the BMW 'all weather' mats let me know if they hold water. I just cant seem to find any which have lips around them to prevent water running off and onto the car's carpeting.

Earlier in the thread, someone posted a Flickr album of them, you can see the black "lip" around the main mat - https://www.flickr.com/photos/watson_collins/sets/72157645757131254/

They should hold water when stationary and level. Obviously it would slosh around when you move, or are on a hill.

Back