Sun shade for the windshield

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denreltub2

Any recommendations for a collapsible shade to reduce heat gain through the windshield will parked? The dash feels like it goes on for miles in front of me. Also, any comments on a full car cover?

I am using the Walmart Auto Expressions Magic Shade Super-Jumbo Windshield Shade, Grey. Just joined today and don't know how to attach the photo of the shades.

edszhi said:
I am using the Walmart Auto Expressions Magic Shade Super-Jumbo Windshield Shade, Grey. Just joined today and don't know how to attach the photo of the shades.

Hey Edzhi does it fit well?

YOu may consider it a bit pricy, but the BMW climate cover really does work well on the i3. It doesn't take a lot of time to install. It covers the front half of the upper car (windshield, the two front door windows, and the area of the roof between them). It makes a HUGE difference in the interior temperature in the summer. I bought mine on-line for less than the retail, but it still wasn't cheap.

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/4656/BMW-I-CLIMATE-COVER

Gki3 said:
edszhi said:

Hey Edzhi does it fit well?
I am using the same windshield sunshield with our i3. The size of the sunshield is appropriate for an i3 but the large rearview mirror housing distorts the sunshields so that they don't cover the windshield as well as I would like. Maybe they would fit better on an i3 without the Tech package assuming that without a front camera in the rearview mirror housing, the housing would be smaller.

They're inexpensive and fold into a compact shape that I store under the driver's seat.

Would love to see a picture when you get a chance. You can upload it to a site outside of this forum and then just provide a link.

Any suggestions for after market sun wiser, as the original cannot be expanded or stretched ?

Back