Wrapped the frunk

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanotherdrunk

Never liked the black hood

100_4421-L.jpg

100_4423-L.jpg

100_4429-L.jpg

100_4434-L.jpg

100_4435-L.jpg

100_4446-L.jpg

100_4451-L.jpg

100_4452-L.jpg

:D

So that's how they wrap a wrap. Good stuff.

In addition to making your i3 stand out among the growing army of West Coast i3s, it's interesting how a body-color hood appears to make the car stand up. In other words, optically, it makes the car appear tall. I wonder if that's why the designers used the black Pepé Le Pew stripe, front to back.

websterize said:
So that's how they wrap a wrap. Good stuff.

In addition to making your i3 stand out among the growing army of West Coast i3s, it's interesting how a body-color hood appears to make the car stand up. In other words, optically, it makes the car appear tall. I wonder if that's why the designers used the black Pepé Le Pew stripe, front to back.

Even here in San Jose, I only see about one i3 a week.

I wouldn't call 'em popular.

and that's good

:mrgreen:

FWIW, here in Southern NH, I've not seen another i3 on the road. I know they are selling them, one week, my local dealer had sold 5. I do not know their overall total sales, though, and that may have been an anomaly.

I love the black hood, but completely understand that people don't like it. It's not for everyone. Cool that you guys found a solution and executed it so well. Very clean looking. I would never have it done myself, but great idea none the less. And now you guys seriously have a unique car!

Very cool. I have done some wrap myself and may I've this a shot. I was thinking of doing the roof as summer comes to see if it makes the car any cooler.

Back