My 2016 i3 lowered and spacers!!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stancedi3

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, I just got this 2016 i3 a couple months ago. I have since done just about every mod available for this car. I have it dropped on HR springs and got 20mm spacers on all coners! Car looks amazing!!! Every time I post I always get bombarded asking where I got my spacers so to save me time I will go ahead And post the links below.
These are the cheapest ones on the net and excellent quality.

BMW i3 20mm Wheel Spacers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IRQIQEU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_P6BYxbE39KG80

20pc Extended 14x1.25 Black Lug Bolts F10 F30 BMW i3 / 48mm / 50mm Shank Cone Seat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IRRXP9U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_M-BYxbJKNW8DP

Stancedi3 said:
Ok now how in the world do I post pics???
First, post your photos on some Website that provides public access to the photos and from which you can get the URL's of the photos, not the Web page on which they're displayed. The URL's of photos frequently end with a "jpg" or "jpeg" file extension. After pasting a photo URL into the post that you're creating, select the entire URL and click the "Img" button above the post which will surround the photo URL with "img" tags. Preview your post to ensure that your photos will be displayed in your post.

FWIW, for historical purposes, it's kind of dumb to require photos to be posted elsewhere as they tend to not stay up there forever. While the forum would require larger storage capacity to allow locally sourced photos, those photos would be much easier to attach and would stay until the host decided to delete or suppress them, not how long the OP kept their account at the foreign photo server.

Stancedi3 said:
Ok now how in the world do I post pics???

Go to postimage.org and post your photos. Postimage will show you links and copy and paste them here.

Some forums don't take images because they build up to massive data storage costs over time.

Stancedi3 said:
Hey guys I'm new to the forum, I just got this 2016 i3 a couple months ago. I have since done just about every mod available for this car. I have it dropped on HR springs and got 20mm spacers on all coners! Car looks amazing!!! Every time I post I always get bombarded asking where I got my spacers so to save me time I will go ahead And post the links below.
These are the cheapest ones on the net and excellent quality.

BMW i3 20mm Wheel Spacers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IRQIQEU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_P6BYxbE39KG80

20pc Extended 14x1.25 Black Lug Bolts F10 F30 BMW i3 / 48mm / 50mm Shank Cone Seat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IRRXP9U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_M-BYxbJKNW8DP
you lowered it? the i3 is already terrible "sportive" ruff suspension and you lower it?
that must be bouncing all the way then

Did you use the spacers on the OEM stock wheels? Lengthening the lever arm (verses trying to maintain it on an aftermarket wheel) is not a great idea for longevity of the suspension parts. If not addressed, it can also significantly affect the alignment. The stock wheels sit fairly close to the edges of the fender wells...if the tire now extends beyond that, that can be a safety issue as well. it may also affect the finish of the edge of the fenders as they are not designed to repel the detritus kicked up from the tread on a constant basis.

jadnashuanh said:
Did you use the spacers on the OEM stock wheels? Lengthening the lever arm (verses trying to maintain it on an aftermarket wheel) is not a great idea for longevity of the suspension parts. If not addressed, it can also significantly affect the alignment. The stock wheels sit fairly close to the edges of the fender wells...if the tire now extends beyond that, that can be a safety issue as well. it may also affect the finish of the edge of the fenders as they are not designed to repel the detritus kicked up from the tread on a constant basis.

Not only the risk sited above, the i3 suspension has a break away feature such that in an off center head on impact the front wheel will pivot out of the wheel well preventing it from entering the passenger compartment. I'd be concerned how modifying the wheels position by adding spacers or lowering the car would effect that safety feature.

Back