Window Tints

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icthere

I'm thinking of tinting my Fluid Black i3. Are there specific pros or cons to tinting i3, particularly a black one?

What you can do will depend somewhat on your local and state laws. The windshield, should you want to tint it, is a tough one partly because of the fact the dash is deep, and second, it's a tall surface, and third, it has some significant curves that may not be noticed until you try to cover it!

Cons: Check with your state laws, might get a fix it ticket if you tint too dark, a dark tint will also make it harder to see outside at night.

Pro: much cooler interior, won't feel the sun's heat when it's on your face=less a/c=more efficiency! A good quality ceramic tint can be a bit pricey. If your window get broken, it'll stay together a little more than going everywhere.

Thank you both. I live in SoCal. I've got a quote for $275 for all windows except the windshield, which judging from the prices I've seen online, uses a not-so-fancy tint. My main concern is the reduced visibility, especially at night. The very good visibility of i3 was one of the reasons I was attracted to it, so I don't want to lose that.

Back