Best upgrades + Speed Camera warnings

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N0Klu3

Hi guys,

I'm picking up my i3 REx 60Ah (2015) next week and wondered what the best upgrades people have done are?
Things like LED headlights or other bits and pieces?

Also Is there a way to get the display to show when a speed camera is coming up?
In my Nissan I got pocket gps cameras on my hud which worked fairly well for all the UK cameras around...

There are a few threads of what people have done to their i3's in the manner of upgrades. In the USA, it comes with LED low beams, and some have changed the high beams to LED's - more than one thread on that. If you have the right option, the car can show you the speed limit, but BMW does not, as far as I know, deal with enforcement devices like speed cameras...anything you do would be aftermarket and stand-alone. You don't have many choices on wheels/tires designed to fit the i3. SOme have wrapped their cars to change the color or to match the hood and roof to the rest of the car. One company makes different springs, but there aren't all that many i3 specific mods out there. Really depends on what you want.

LED's is an upgrade I'm probably going to do asap!
Those that have upgraded the springs, what benefit are you getting, and is it worth it?

Back