Retrofit LED Adaptive headlights

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJHXXX

Hi all,

I love my i3 but really wish i had ordered the LED adaptive headlights instead of the halogen dipped beams. Not that bothered about better performance as the main factor - I just want LED for all lighting.

I see a few i3s being broken up with headlight assemblies available and I'm contemplating retrofitting them? Has anyone done this and is it easy? I understand that the beams 'steer' in which case where is the steering 'signal' taken from?

Thanks.

Your answer will probably have to come from someone in Europe, as, though the US gets the LED low beams, they do not have the full capabilities offered in other parts of the world, so people here probably do not have experience with all that it takes. Ours do adjust height, but do not illuminate to the sides when you turn like on some other vehicles. Our high beams are still halogen, though, even with the LED main lamps. Some have changed those bulbs out to LED versions, and have been happy.

Back