Long-term feedback/review on Seasucker Bike Rack?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrancisAi3

Hello,

I frequently transport 2 bikes am looking into the Seasucker Mini-Bomber on the roof of my former ICE.

Anyone has any Seasucker bike rack around here? Would appreciate it much if you can provide any feedback or long-term review of the bike rack. I do sometimes travel out of state from Southern NH to Northern NH, or to ME or even to NJ for organized bike rides so would like to know if the Seasuckers holds up well on long-distance interstate driving.

Or anyone has found alternatives? fyi, I'm leasing my i3 so no alterations of any sort, like holes on the bumper for a hitch, etc.
Wish BMW did what they did on the latest MINI Coopers and their own rear bike racks for the i3. That would've been neat.

Thanks

This is a super late reply....but I just ordered mine.

Won't be used for bikes...I got the surf rack. will report back.

Aloha. Any updates on how the surf racks work? How does it affect range? Can you unscrew the antenna? Thinking of this vs the soft racks that just strap on top.

808i3 said:
Can you unscrew the antenna?
No experience with a roof rack, but I have unscrewed our the short round antenna by hand before putting on our car cover in preparation for our annual long-term storage.

Back