Custom car cover did not fit .

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanisLupus

I ordered a custom car cover through Costco.ca . The manufacturer was Coverking . From what I could determine , I believe that the antenna pocket , on the roof center near the back , was positioned too far forward by about 4 inches . I could get 1 mirror pocket and the antenna pocket on but even that was tight . To then put the other mirror pocket on would have torn the fabric or ripped a seam . As our cars are new or newer at least , perhaps this was one of the first orders for an i3 . I have informed Coverking through their website . I hope it helps toward changes to the design and a better fit .

I unscrew the antenna (easy) and fold in the mirrors before installing my cheap universal car cover which has no mirror or antenna pockets. Might that help with the fit?

The price for a custom fit cover is higher . I paid for a custom fit and did not receive that . If I accepted the cover as is then the next customer would probably have the same fitment issue as well .

Back